Disk space is almost full

Discussions related with hosting control panels used, which include cPanel, Plesk, Directadmin etc..

Moderator: Staff

Alexander

Disk space is almost full

Post by Alexander »

Hi. I'm facing this problem that my server's one partition's disk space is almost full. I have tried all steps available in google to reduce the diskspace like trimming the error logs and all. Deleted some backups. Emptied the trash and src. It's a cPanel server. Do you have any suggestions? It's really urgent.

Joan N

Re: Disk space is almost full

Post by Joan N »

Try #du -sch /var/lib/mysql/* |grep G this command. There is a chance in high disk usage by databases like eximstats and tortix in the server with ASL. So this command will show the higher disk using databases.

If it shows /var/lib/mysql/tortix then run #/var/asl/bin/database-setup. It would take a moment so let the command run.

If it shows /var/lib/mysql/eximstats directory using large disk space then login to MySQL and check the eximstats DB and delete the tables SMTP and failures by using following commands

#use eximstats;

#delete from smtp;

#delete from failures;

Alexander

Post by Alexander »

That is great. Thank you very much. You are a lifesaver. Tortix was using 3.3 Gb of the disk space. Now it is cleared.

Joan N

Post by Joan N »

Always welcome.

If you are looking for assistance in server management, please get in touch with our support.